Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Five things you need to know today for Needham and Wellesley on June 18, 2013.
It looks like rain, according to the National Weather Service. A 60 percent chance of rain during the day, 40 percent in the evening--there may even be a thunderstorm after 2 p.m. Otherwise, you can expect the day to be cloudy, and have a high of 76ºF and a low of 54ºF. 2. It could be convenient that it's raining, because for kids between 2 and 8, the PUDDLESTOMPERS Summer Program, Registration is open now. For more information,see their registration website. 3. Are you making a transition of the job variety? Well, here you can get some help. Stop by Transitions Needham: Job Search Support at Presbyterian Church, a free support group which starts off at 9 a.m. today. 4. Interested in service and helping out around the community? Join …
Monday, June 17, 2013
Five things you need to know for Needham and Wellesley on June 17, 2013.
1. There is a chance of thunderstorms and showers, according to the National Weather Service, 30 to 40 percent today and tonight. Temperatures should peak at 83ºF, and dip down to 59ºF overnight. 2. Ever have a thought you wanted to put out there, but weren't quite sure where or how to get traction with it? Why not blog? Head over to our Blog page and start writing and posting. Any questions? Contact our Community Editor, Bill Gilman. 3. Want to make Stained Glass, Fused Pieces & Dichroic Jewelry? The Workshops at Gorse Mill Studios will teach you how to do just that. Classes cost $150. To schedule a workshop, contact Sheryl Scipione 617.688.2191 or Jordan Fuller 508.314.5645, email@example.com, or visit their website at www.…
Saturday, June 15, 2013
Dancing with the Needham Stars coming to Dedham, featuring a number of prominent folks from Needham.
Friday, June 14, 2013
Five things you need to know for Needham and Wellesley on the weekend of June 13, 2013.
1. National Weather Service tells us there are going to be showers today, an 80 percent chance of them. In the evening, there may be some scattered showers (30 percent chance). 2. A piece of paper doesn't have to be 'just' a piece of paper. Why not a bug or a bird? Take the Paperfolding class at Needham Public Library, and learn some origami designs. It's a free class that starts at 11 a.m. on Saturday. 3. While you're picking up some local, cool flavors at the Wellesley Theatre Project's Cone Crawl (1st Annual), we want to pay for your parking. Park on Patch on Central Street in Wellesley on Saturday, from Noon to 5 p.m. The cone crawl is $10, the parking is free, and you may get some Patch goodies from some Patch folks. 4. Water and …
Thursday, June 13, 2013
Five things you need to know today for Needham and Wellesley, June 13, 2013.
1. The rain looks like it's back today. The National Weather Service estimates a 50 percent chance of rain during the day, and a 70 percent chance in the evening. Otherwise, it'll be a cloudy day with a high of 67ºF and a low of 52ºF. 2. This Sunday is Father's Day. We are collecting some blog posts about dads, and would love to hear your thoughts. If you want to blog about Fathers Day, and what it means to you, just head to the blog page and start typing. 3. Join the Wellesley Kiwanis Club for their lunch and program today. Stop by at 12:15 p.m. at the Kiwanis Club of Wellesley. 4. WCVB anchor Susan Wornick is hosting a Fresh Taste. At 6 p.m., at Elm Park and Elm Bank Reservation, you can stop by to check out feasts prepared from all …
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Five things you need to know for Needham and Wellesley on June 12, 2013.
1. The rain may be going away. The National Weather Service predicts a small chance of showers (about 20 percent) and decreasing clouds in the evening. Temperatures should range between 72ºF and 51ºF. 2. If you're feeling like a transition is needed, then perhaps you should swing by the Transitions Needham: Job Search Support at the Presbyterian Church. It kicks off at 9 a.m. with coffee and a chat. 3. Certain things simply go together, like Wine & Cheese, and Wednesdays. This afternoon, 4 p.m., The Residences at Wingate are putting on a wine and cheese mixer, and all you have to do is RSVP by calling 781-455-9080. 4. “Midnight Ride, Industrial Dawn” local author Dr. Robert Martello is coming to Waterstone at Wellesley (27 Washington …
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Five things you need to know, Needham and Wellesley editions, for June 11, 2013.
1. Temperatures are expected to be between 66ºF and 58ºF, but the National Weather Service also says it's going to rain. There is about an 80 percent chance of rain by day, 60 percent in the evening. Otherwise, cloudy with some patches of fog. 2. Bugs, nature and animals are hot topics for kids, and there is a program for them to learn more. kids between 2 and 8 can register for PUDDLESTOMPERS Summer Program. For more information, see their registration website. Camp starts June 24. 3. Those with a a drive to explore and see other cultures, go check out the display of Haitian Artwork in Wellesley Square. Head over to 45 Church St in Wellesley anytime today to check it out. 4. His works pull from Greco-Roman mythology and Biblical …
Monday, June 10, 2013
Five things you need to know today for Needham and Wellesley, on June 10, 2013. Also, congratulations to the Needham High Class of 2013.
1. The National Weather Service forecast says we're in for a 30 percent chance of rain, mostly after 3 p.m., with clouds gathering during the day. Rain and thunderstorms predicted to hit at about 2 a.m. on Tuesday morning. 2. It's not too notorious, but the B.I.G. Needham Pod is Meeting today, at 10 a.m. For lady entrepreneurs in town, The Center Cafe is the place to be if you want to do some networking, get some advice on vendor relationships and more. Negotiating fundamentals is the topic of the day. 3. Boylston's Tower Hill Botanical Garden is sending some officials to present at Waterstone (27 Washington St, Wellesley). If you're looking for some information on horticulture and gardening, then the time to show up is 2:30 p.m., after…
Sunday, June 9, 2013
A look at some of of the community bulletins uploaded to Patch in the past week.
Here are just a few of the announcements Needham and Wellesley readers shared this week on Patch: NFSA Commends State Farm for Highlighting the Importance of Residential Fire Sprinklers - The National Fire Sprinkler Association (NFSA), the longest-tenured fire sprinkler advocacy organization in the U.S., commends State Farm Insurance Company for reminding its homeowner policy holders that fire sprinkler systems are the only proactive form of fire protection. Dedham American Legion Band, Post 18 performs in Needham's Memorial Day Parade! - The Dedham American Legion Band, Post 18 performed at The Memorial Day Parade in Needham on Monday May 27, 2013, sponsored by Dedham Savings It was the fourth performance of this young band. …
All you need to know about Summer in Needham.