Wellesley Middle School
Wellesley Middle School, located on Kingsbury Street, is the educational home to more than 1,000 students. It is also home to the Wellesley Teen Center and the location of the Wellesley schools administrative offices. The school participates in the state's METCO (Metropolitan Council for Educational Opportunity) which invites urban students to attend schools outside their district.
The school also has a student newspaper, The Locker, a wide spectrum of sports teams and several school clubs. Joshua Frank is the school's principal.
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance and the handicap parking spot are along the left hand side of the building.
- Number of students: 1140
- Public/Private: Public
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 165
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Science lab
- Student clubs: Art journal, chess, community service, cultural, garden, girls engineering, green team, iMovie, knitting and movies, leadership team, math, newspaper, read-a-movie, robotics, The Locker, science olympiad, stage crew, tech team, yearbook, yoga
- Sports teams: Baseball, football, tennis, track, golf, lacrosse, softball, ski team, hockey, gymnastics, basketball, gymnastics