The Needham location (there is also a Tu Y Yo in Somerville) has been around for more than five months, and serves customers not only from the west and south of Boston, but also from as far away as New York and Maine, who come to the restaurant for its 800-year-old recipes. It's been a repeated winner of Best of Boston awards and the set-up is classy, yet comfortable. Open for lunch most days, except Sundays through Tuesdays, there is also outdoor seating on a patio, depending on the temperature. Stop by for a drink too, as there is a full bar and plenty of tasty appetizers.
- Hours: Mon, Tue, 5pm - 10pm; Wed, Thu, 11:30am - 10pm; Fri, Sat, 11:30am - 11pm; Sun, 5pm - 9pm
- Handicap Accessible: The front door is flush with the sidewalk.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Appetizers, soups, beef, chicken, pork, seafood, drinks, salads
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out, Web orders
- Specialties: The 800-year-old recipes that make up much of this Mexican restaurant's menu, says owner Epigmenio Guzman.
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Cuisine: Mexican
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Filete A La Pimienta—tender loin steak cooked with herbs and pepper, served with grilled vegetables.
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Number of tables: 35
- Features: Dinner, Kids' Menu, Lunch
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Quiet
- Dress code: N/A