Richard Vaughn has been selling and teaching people how to use musical instruments for over 15 years at his store, Needham Music. Downstairs he sells a variety of goodies for the ears, including his own line of Vaughn Guitars, cymbals, drumheads, digital pianos, portable keyboards, books of music and DVD's of concerts. Upstairs Vaughn teaches drums, guitar, voice, piano, saxophone, trumpet, the flute and banjo. You can also order products from his Web site, and attend his summer rock camp. The store has a real utilitarian feel to it, with instruments all around and various accessories handy as well. Especially cool are the custom guitars hanging along the ceiling on both sides of the shop.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 10am - 7pm; Fri, 11am - 7pm; Sat, 10am - 5pm; Sun, closed. Summer hours: Mon - Thu, 11am - 7pm; Fri, 11am - 5:30pm; Sat, 10am - 5pm; Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: The front door is flush with the sidewalk.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Acoustic and electric guitars, books, DVDs, posters, trumpets, flutes, clarinets, amps, bass guitars and much more
- Services: Gift certificates, Repair, Shipping
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: On-street: metered