Reopened in July 2011 under new ownership, Needham Bowlaway is one of the oldest candlepin bowling alleys in the area, having originally opened in 1947. Located near the corner of Great Plain Avenue and Chestnut Street in Needham Center, the bowling alley offers eight lanes which can be rented in hour increments. Bowling shoes are required and available for rental for a small fee. The facility is available for league play and private party rental. It also has Cosmic Bowling on weekends. For more information, visit the Web site.
- Hours: Regular bowling: Closed on Monday; Tuesday-Thursday, 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.; Friday-Saturday, 10:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.; Sunday, 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. Cosmic bowling: TBA.
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is at street level.
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: metered
- Ticket information: $25/hour per lane, pro-rated; $4 for shoe rentals
- Student discounts: No
- Senior discounts: No
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: No
- Alcohol served: No
- Coat/bag check: No
- Restrictions: No alcohol
- Which is the most popular game?: Bowling