J. Gregory Lamp & Shade Gallery
Jason Deranian and his brother founded J. Gregory Lamp & Shade Gallery in 2003 after graduating from college. They had some industry experience with lamps and decided to build a business plan around them. So far it's worked out well, and their Highland Avenue location offers both portable lamps and customized shades. The brothers have a small factory in Newton where they produce their own line of lampshades. Customers can also bring in their own fabric to create a custom look.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 10am - 6pm; Sat 10am - 5pm; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: The front door is flush with the sidewalk.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Lamps, portable lamps, custom shades
- Services: Gift certificates, Repair, Shipping
- Return policy: Five-day with receipt
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: On-street: metered
- What makes this community special?: Jason says the location is great because of the foot traffic in the area and all the other stores nearby.
- What questions should customers ask before making a major purchase?: Decide what you want for your interior design in total in the room before choosing a lamp design, Jason says. It's also important to fit the shade with the lamp itself and figure out how much light you need.
- Home appliance brands: Wild Wood, Natural Light
- Home installation: No