Celebrate the 4th of July in Needham with a full schedule of events and activities beginning Tuesday, July 3.
Sponsored by the Needham Exchange Club, the 2012 festivities offer a variety of programs for all ages, including children's entertainment, an oldies concert and fireworks on Tuesday, July 3 and a craft fair, road race, baseball game and Grand Parade on Wednesday, July 4.
The Grand Marshal of the 2012 Grand Parade is .
Below is the schedule of events. Find a map of the parade route in the photo gallery at right. And check back with Needham Patch throughout the week for and coverage of the celebration.
Got some great 4th of July photos of your own? Submit them to our Community Gallery or add them via the comments section at the bottom of any of our 4th of July articles.
Traffic note: Parts of Highland Avenue, Webster Street and connecting roadways will be closed for the 4th of July Road Race and the Grand Parade on Wednesday, July 4, between 8:30 and 11 a.m. Consider alternative routes or expect delays.
2012 NEEDHAM 4TH OF JULY SCHEDULE
Tuesday, July 3
- 5-8:45 p.m. Food tents selling grilled food, soft drinks, ice cream, cotton candy and more
- 5–8 p.m. Children’s entertainment, including pony rides, face painting and more
- 7-9:15 p.m. Concert by the Reminisants—"Boston’s Best Oldies Band”
- Dark. Fireworks Spectacular at
Wednesday, July 4
- 8:30 a.m. Annual 5K Road Race – YMCA/Exchange Club; start location is the
- 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Craft Fair and Flea Market
- 8:45 a.m. Children’s Parade—decorated bikes and costumes (meet at )
- 9 a.m. Salute and flag raising on the
- 9:05 a.m. Grand Parade featuring bands, floats, musical groups, antique cars and much more
- 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Food tents selling grilled food, soft drinks, ice cream, cotton candy and more
- Noon. Children’s Races and Contests including running events, sack races and egg toss (on )
- 2 p.m. Needham Little League All-Star Game—Majors American vs. Majors National (Memorial Field)