It’s Thursday, and the weekend is right around the corner. Patch has your back with a few fun things to do. Check our picks for the activities to hit and some places to explore. Here's what's happening in and around your town.
- Where/when: Kelley and Wall Fields at Coakley Middle School, 1315 Washington St., Norwood; Saturday, July 7 and Sunday, July 8, various times
- Why go: Watch competitive Little League teams from Needham and other area towns as they begin their quest to reach the Little League World Series in Williamsport, PA, during the District 11 Little League Tournament this weekend in Norwood. On Saturday, July 7, the Needham National team will play Medfield at 10 a.m. at Wall Field, while the Needham American team will place Westwood at noon on Kelley Field. On Sunday, July 8, the Needham National team will play Norwood American at noon on Kelley, while the Needham American team will play Walpole American at 12:30 p.m. on Wall. Come root on the home team or just enjoy a day of baseball.
- Pricing: Free entry and parking; concessions for sale
2. FUNtastic Saturdays for Kids
- Where/when: , 180 Linden St., Wellesley; Saturday, July 7, 1-4 p.m.
- Why go: Every Saturday, July 7 to Sept. 15, Linden Square will host its summer fun days. This weekend, kids can enjoy Balloon Twister, face painting, S’mores and make-your-own treasure chests, among other activities. See the full summer schedule on the Linden Square website.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/when: , 23 Dedham Ave., Needham; Sunday, July 8, 1-5 p.m.
- Why go: Catch up with your neighbors, enjoy live music and shop from a variety of produce, plants and herbs, bread, baked goods, fish, beef, cheese, tea, artisan pieces and other items. The market will continue every Sunday through October.
- Pricing: Free admission
- Where/when: , 656 East St., Dedham; Sunday, July 8, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Why go: Check out more than 1,000 antique vehicles on display, with a competition for trophies in 30 show classes. There will be a car corral and trading bee, food court, music, children’s activities and tours of Endicott Mansion. Learn more at www.bsaac.com.
- Pricing: $5 per person, children age 12 and under free
5. Take a Hike/Have a Picnic
- Where/when: , , Cutler Park, , , , ; open daily dawn to dusk
- Why go: You don’t have to go far to enjoy the great outdoors. Needham is full of beautiful places perfect for playing, picnicking, walking or just relaxing with a good book under a warm spring sun. Sunny skies are expected both Saturday and Sunday, with highs around 91-92 degrees. Check out the park listings in our Directory to find more information about parking, location and amenities.
- Pricing: Free; some areas have metered parking