“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Rain: Today will be mostly cloudy with showers possible after 10 a.m. and into the evening, according to the National Weather Service. High: 71, Low: 51. Chance of precipitation: 40 percent
2. Fourth District debate: The League of Women Voters of Needham is joining other chapters in the district to sponsor a forum for Fourth Congressional District candidates Sean Bielat and Joe Kennedy III today at Wellesley College from 7:30-9 p.m. Questions will be taken from the audience. This event is free and open to the public.
3. SEPAC meeting: The Needham Special Education Parents Advisory Council will meet tonight from 7-9 p.m. at the Broadmeadow Elementary School media center. Come for refreshments and networking from 7-7:30 p.m. followed by a program on collaborative teaching, inclusion and co-teaching in Needham. This program is free and open to the community.
4. Youth LAX: Registration for the spring 2013 season of Needham Boys Youth Lacrosse will begin on Oct. 22. The program is open to boys in grades 1-8. Visit www.needhamboyslacrosse.com for more information.
5. Calling all Realtors: Share your real estate news on Needham Patch and spread the word about your business. Every Thursday, Patch runs Sold!, a column that looks at some of the houses that sold in Needham over the past week. On Fridays, there is House Hunt, which lists a few of the open houses for the coming weekend. It is free and easy to add your own photos and information to these galleries—and they are a great vehicle for getting information in front of potential homebuyers. Questions? Email email@example.com.