The Needham Community Preservation Committee (CPC) extends an invitation to a special public hearing to discuss the project proposals currently under review by the CPC. The public hearing will be held on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 in the Highland Room on the lower level of Town Hall at 7:30 p.m.
Comments, questions and concerns will be considered during the CPC’s deliberation of the projects. Those projects that receive the CPC’s final recommendation for funding from the Needham Community Preservation Fund will be presented to Town Meeting in May.
Under the Community Preservation Act legislation, the following projects are eligible for consideration:
- (a) Town Manager/Director of Planning and Community Development request for part-time Community Housing Specialist;
- (b) Conservation and Park & Recreation request to update Open Space and Recreation Plan;
- (c) Conservation and Park & Recreation request to design Needham Reservoir Trail and Ridge Hill Loop Trail;
- (d) School Committee, Conservation and Park & Recreation request to design renovations to Newman athletic fields and Eastman Conservation trails;
- (e) School Committee and Park & Recreation request to renovate Preschool playground surfacing;
- (f) DPW and Park & Recreation request to design renovations to Mills Field Park; and
- (g) Needham Community Farm request for Soil Quality Improvements.
Information on the projects is available at the Park and Recreation Office at 500 Dedham Avenue or on the Town’s website at www.needhamma.gov/CPC. The CPC truly appreciates the many questions and comments raised by all in Needham, and remains dedicated to recommending projects that enhance our community.
Mark Gluesing, Chairman
Community Preservation Committee