The Needham Board of Selectmen will meet on Wednesday, April 11 on the first floor of . Though meetings are typically held on Tuesdays, this week's meeting will be held on Wednesday because of the April 10 Town Election.
The meeting will open at 6:45 p.m. with an informal session with citizens. While not required, individuals are encouraged to call the selectmen’s office at 781-455-7500 ext. 204 in advance to arrange for an appointment. This enables the board to better assure opportunities for participation and respond to citizen concerns.
See the full agenda packet at bottom right. Here's a summarized agenda:
- 7:00 p.m. Board Reorganization
- 7:00 p.m. Zoning Articles: Lee Newman, director of planning and community development, and Bruce Eisenhut, chairman of Planning Board
- 7:15 p.m. Presentation by citizens’ petitioners: Pesticide Free Zone, Susan Abbott; citizens’ petition, Stacie Shapiro and Bob Smart
- 7:30 p.m. Town Manager's Report: Utility bill rate credits; initiate and refer zoning amendment; close special Town Meeting warrant; positions on special and annual Town Meeting warrants
- 8:00 p.m. Board Discussion: MBTA service cuts; committee reports
- 8:15 p.m. Executive session (Exception 3)
1. Council of Economic Advisors Michael Wilcox (Major Tenant NEBC) (term expires: 6/30/2013)
- Approve Special One Day All Alcoholic Beverages license for Alice Christenson of the John Eliot PTC to hold its PTC Spring Auction Fundraiser on Saturday, May 5, 2012 from 7 p.m. to 12 a.m. in Powers Hall at Needham Town Hall, 1471 Highland Ave., Needham.
- Approve Special One Day All Alcoholic Beverages license for Andrew Bartlett of to hold its 25th and 50th Reunion Dinner from 6-10 p.m. on Friday, May 18, 2012 in Ward Hall at St. Sebastian’s School, 1191 Greendale Ave., Needham.
- Approve Special One Day All Alcoholic Beverages license for Ed Davis of St. Sebastian’s School to hold its 2012 Reunion Weekend events from 12-10 p.m. on Saturday, May 19, 2012 in Ward Hall at St. Sebastian’s School, 1191 Greendale Ave., Needham.
- Accept donation made to the Needham Community Revitalization Trust Fund from the following resident: Daniel P. Matthews, $100.
- Accept a grant in the amount of $7,015 from the Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company to the to be used for extrication equipment. The funds will be used to purchase a new power supply for the “Jaws of Life."
- Accept the following grants given by the Commission on Disabilities on March 20, 2012: $775 to the Needham Community Council to purchase a Classic Perkins Brailler and a ream of Braille paper; $650 to the High Rock and Pollard PTC’s Inclusion and Awareness Community Week to pay partial fee to Travis Roy; and $115 to the High Rock and Pollard PTC’s Inclusion and Awareness Community Week to purchase the film “Including Samuel.”
- Approve Special One Day Wines & Malt Beverages license for Mike Riley of Needham Knights of Columbus to hold a 100th Anniversary event from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 21, 2012 at the , 1211 Highland Ave., Needham.
- Accept the following donations made to the for the Car Safety Seat Installation Program in memory of David W. Jones: $50 from Sandra Bourdages, 267 Bearsden Road, Athol, MA 01331; $25 from Viola E. Miller, 21 Wellesley Avenue, Needham, MA 02494
- Approve application for a 2012 Common Victualler license from , LLC d/b/a Swizzles Frozen Yogurt located at 1450 Highland Avenue, Needham.
- 10. Approve $285 in donations received for the Student Awareness of Fire Education program made in memory of David W. Jones from: Robert and Viola Miller, Louis and Lena Sostilio, Linda Hayes Webb & John McClare Shugert, Ronald and Susan Stering, Barbara Coveney Harkins, Anthony Cefalo, Elizabeth and David Demirjian, and Michael and Jacqueline Ferrara.
- Approve minutes from March 13, 2012 meeting.
- Water & Sewer Abatement Order No. 1140
- Approve application for Sunday Entertainment license from Jeffrey Friedman on behalf of the Needham Farmers Market, Inc. to allow for music at its location on the front lawn of the .