Friday, August 9
- Two cars crashed at the intersection of Great Plain Ave and Chapel Street, police were dispatched with a report of possible injuries. At about 6 a.m., police say both vehicles sustained front end damage. A 59-year-old woman from Norwood was taken to Beth Israel hospital for evaluation. The other driver, a 62-year-old woman from Wayland, declined treatment, and was cited for failing to stop at a red light.
- About $2,500 in tools was taken from a Wexford Street business some time between Thursday night at 7 a.m. on Friday morning.
- A contractor allegedly scammed a Woodledge Street resident, according to a report at about 3:15 p.m. Police are investigating.
- A Gould Street business manager reported that an employee's laptop at about 4:30 p.m.
- At about 8:15 p.m., police pulled a vehicle over on Linden Street, ahead of Great Plain Avenue. After speaking with the occupants, two juveniles from Needham and a 28-year-old from Brockton were issued bylaw violation citations for possession of marijuana. The driver was also cited for driving without headlights.
- Police performed a records check of a vehicle seen on Highland Avenue, and learned that the vehicle's registration had been revoked for insurance cancellation. Police pulled over the driver, a 29-year-old from Framingham, and summonsed him for driving an unregistered vehicle, and an uninsured vehicle. The vehicle was towed from the scene, and the plates seized at around 2:30 p.m.
- 4:30 p.m., a report of a crash involving a vehicle and a bicycle at the 1475 block of Central Avenue. a 23-year-old from Newton was taken to Beth Israel Needham hospital to be treated for injuries to her back, neck, arms and legs. An 88-year-old Needham resident was cited for failing to use care while overtaking another car.
- Vehicle crashed into a utility pole just after midnight. Police summonsed the 19-year-old driver to Dedham District Court for driving to endanger, a marked lanes violation, and failing to slow when approaching a curve.
The above information was supplied by the Needham Police Department. Any charges mentioned do not indicate a conviction.