The following reports were provided by the Needham Police Department. Charges where mentioned do not indicate a conviction.
Thursday, Jan 11
- Police received a call at about 1 a.m. of a suspicious car parked in the area of Kerrydale Road. When speaking with the occupants, officers reported an open bottle of alcohol in the vehicle. A 19-year-old from Needham and an 18-year-old from Westwood are to be summonsed into court for being minors in possession of alcohol.
- A Great Plain Avenue business reported vandalism at about 6 a.m. The employee reported that, when they arrived, they found several empty beer bottles in the lobby. There was no other damage in the area, and the matter is being investigated.
- A 50-year-old woman from Brockton is being summonsed to court after reportedly taking an illegal left turn onto Great Plain Avenue. When officers stopped her, they determined she was driving with a revoked license, and will be summonsed to court accordingly.
- At about 11 a.m., a police officer queried a vehicle driving on Greendale Avenue toward Dedham, which came back as revoked due to canceled insurance. After pulling the car over, police confirmed the driver's identity and that his license was suspended. The 59-year-old driver, a man from Dedham, was summonsed to court for driving after a revoked registration, operating after a suspended license, and operating an uninsured vehicle.
Friday, Jan 11
- At about 2 a.m., police encountered a car parked the wrong way on Fairfield Street, with the engine running. Speaking to the vehicle occupants, four men aged 19, 20, 22 and 23. All of them are Needham Residents. The 20-year-old will be summonsed for possession of marijuana, the 23-year-old for possession of an open container of alcohol.
- 11:30 a.m., police pull a man over for not wearing a seatbelt. A second officer backed him up after confirming that 26-year-old Orlando Maldonado had an outstanding warrant for his arrest out of Lowell District Court.
- A Pine Street address reported vandalized mailboxes and posts sometime overnight, at about 12:30 p.m. Police do not have any suspects at this time.
- 153 Central Ave residents reported, at about 4:45 p.m., a possible scam involving driveway pavers. No money was exchanged, but police are investigating the incident.
- A vehicle parked outside of a Highland Avenue business was reportedly broken into and entered. Police took a report at about 5:30 p.m. The vehicle window had been smashed, and a few items had been taken from inside.
Saturday, Jan 12
- 120 High Rock Street, 1 p.m., someone reported that they had used his identity to purchase five phones from Sprint. Sprint is investigating the incident.
Sunday, Jan 13
- At about 2 p.m., police responded to a reported assault-and-battery on Dedham Avenue. The reporting party said a customer came in upset and had a disagreement with him, and then slapped him. Police documented the incident.
- An Evenlyn Road woman called police at about 3 p.m., saying that she wanted her intoxicated husband out of the house. His father picked him up and took him away from the home.
- A one-car crash was reported at about 8:10 a.m. on Second Avenue. The vehicle crashed into a tree. The driver, a 41-year-old from Newton was taken to the hospital for minor injuries, the vehicle was towed.