The following reports were provided by the Needham Police Department from Dec. 11 - 14. Charges where mentioned do not indicate a conviction.
Tuesday, Dec. 11
- Hit-and-run crash at about 11:45 a.m. outside of the Great Plain Avenue, when a Dedham resident reported their car had been hit while parked outside of the Dunkin Donuts.
- 10:15 p.m., Monday, Channel 5 producers report someone had threatened to commit a crime on their facebook page. Police are investigating.
Wednesday, Dec. 12
- Police responded to Pleasant Street, 9:30 a.m., for a report of people sleeping in a car. When police arrived, they spoke to the occupants and arrested and charged them with possession of drugs. Webster Street resident Christopher Butterfield, 24, was arrested and charged with possession of a class B drug, cocaine, and Juliana Groob, 20, of Newton with possession of a class B substance, amphetamine. Police logs indicate Groob was also charged with receiving stolen property.
- 4:45 p.m., a Rosemary Ridge resident reported that her credit card was used fraudulently. She has since canceled the card.
Thursday, Dec. 13
- A Summit Road woman told police that she was called on Wednesday, and told by the man on the other end that he would increase her computer speed. However, he would need some personal information in order to upload the program. She did not believe it was legitimate, and was instructed to update her personal information.
Friday, Dec 14
- At about 1:45 p.m., police received a report of a man falling into the roadway near Kendrick Street. When they arrived, they determined he was under the influence of alcohol, and posed physical danger to himself. The 41-year-old Needham man was taken into protective custody, and later released to a relative.
- A citizen reported to police that he had found property in Needham Heights. He turned this in about 9:15 p.m.