Friday, August 23
- At about 1 a.m. on Friday, police responded to a crash on Grosvenor Road, where one car had collided into a parked truck. The driver, a 23-year-old Needham man, Michael Turco, was arrested and charged with operating under the influence of alcohol.
- Police were sent to a report of vandalism at 8:15 p.m. at a High Rock Road address: the homeowner reported that a black SUV stopped in front of her house, and threw eggs at it. Nothing appeared to be damaged, but two eggs hit the sides of the home. Police were sent at about 9 p.m. for a similar report on Webster Street: a black SUV and broken eggs. Police did not track down any suspects.
- A vehicle driving on Great Plain Avenue was pulled over when police saw he had a defective plate light. When speaking to the driver, at about 11:15 p.m., police also learned that she had a suspended license. The 35-year-old Taunton Woman at the wheel was summonsed to court for driving with a suspended license and a number plate violation. The vehicle was parked and secured, to be picked up by someone with a valid license.
- Around 3:15 p.m., a man came into the police station to report that he had lost his metallic wallet, he believes while he was at the town's trash facility. The cards inside have been canceled.
- A Worcester woman, 40, was stopped for speeding at the Hunting Road/Hazel Lane intersection at about 6:30 p.m. The driver was found to have a suspended license. The driver was cited and summonsed to court for speeding and driving with a suspended license.
- 7:30 p.m., police responded to a report of a stolen propane tank from a Cedar Street residence. The home owner said that it was taken from under the grill sometime between 11:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. that day.
The above reports were provided by the Needham Police Department. Charges where mentioned do not indicate a conviction.