The following reports were provided by the Needham Police Department from Jan 1 - 4. Charges where mentioned do not indicate a conviction.
Tuesday, Jan 1
- Police found a man passed out in his car, which they say was in gear with his foot on the brake, on Highland Avenue near Arbor Street, about 2:45 a.m. Gamaal Wilson of Jamaica Plain, 30, was arrested and charged with operating under the influence of alcohol.
- At about 4 a.m., police responded to several 911 calls reporting a party on Windsor Road. When police arrived on the scene, they determined it was an underage party. One partygoer, 20-year-old Alexander Lavrentios of Tudor Road was arrrested and charged with Disorderly conduct.
- Police logs also indicate that a 20-year-old Needham male at the Windsor Road party will be summonsed to court for giving alcohol to people under 21.
Wednesday, Jan 2
- Near the 1300 block of Central Avenue, police reported seeing a vehicle which officers recognized as belonging to a man with a revoked license. The license was revoked due to an immediate threat complaint. After querying the license, and finding it was still revoked, the officer pulled the vehicle over. The operator and owner of the vehicle, an 81-year-old Needham man, was transported back to his home, and summonsed to court for driving on a revoked license.
- 1:45 p.m., police responded to a property damage crash at the intersection of Greendale Avenue and Broadmeadow Road. One driver reported that hee did not have a license. The 31-year-old Ashland man was charged with unlicensed operation of a vehicle.
- A Needham business contacted police to tell them someone was harassing one of their employees. Police contacted the alleged harasser, and warned that criminal charges would be filed if the calls continued. Logs indicate the suspect is being charged with criminal harassment.
Thursday, Jan 3
- A walk-in report from the owner of a construction site on Kingsbury Street reported that someone appeared to have broken in on New Year's Eve (Dec. 31). Nothing was taken, but beer bottles and cans were left behind.
- A house alarm went off at about 2:15 p.m. Police arrived on the scene, and saw that the front door had been kicked in, but no one had gotten into the home. Detectives processed the scene and are investigating.
- A Pickering Street business reported, at about 2:45 p.m., that about $500 worth of cable was stolen. Police are investigating the incident.
- Identity fraud reported by a man living on Green Street, about 5 p.m. He told police that four accounts had been opened in his name.
Friday, Jan 4
- At about 11 a.m., a woman approached an officer on detail, and told him that her husband was drunk and would not leave the home. The officer spoke to the husband, who according to the report was "intoxicated and unable to care for himself." Police placed him in the custody of his father.
- A Jarvis Circle woman reported that her car had been hit on Jan. 2, some time between 4 and 9 p.m., while it was parked in her driveway.
- 8:15 p.m., officers were dispatched to Dedham Avenue for a past hit-and-run, in which a vehicle parked on the side of the road was hit by another car, which struck the side-view mirror. Police say nothing at the scene would identify the offending vehicle.