.

Candle Causes Fire in Needham Police Log: Jan. 18 - 20

The following information was supplied by Needham Police Department. Where arrests are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.

Photo by Kelly A. Mello
Photo by Kelly A. Mello

Saturday, Jan. 18

7:58 a.m.: Police responded to the area of Harris Avenue on a reported motor vehicle crash. A Needham resident was traveling straight on Harris Avenue when the vehicle slid off the road due to icy conditions. She was transported by Needham Fire Department for head and knee injuries.

6:10 p.m.: Police responded to a Captain Robert Cook Drive address for a fire alarm. Upon arrival, Needham Fire Department was on scene and extinguished a small fire that started due to a lit candle being too close to some items on a table. Needham Fire Department removed the items from the residence. No one was hurt and Needham Housing responded to the scene. The residents will be staying at a local hotel until they are allowed to return home.

6:13 p.m.: Police were dispatched to a Woodlawn address to take a report of a past laraceny at the Needham Library. The reporting party stated that his blue winter coat was stolen from the library sometime earlier in the day.


Sunday, Jan. 19

1:04 a.m.: Police initiated a car stop for an equipment violation. Upon further investigation, a glass pipe and grinder with marijuana were seized and a Norwood man was issued a town bylaw violation citation for possession of less than 1 ounce of marijuana.


Monday, Jan. 20

1:30 p.m.: Police responded o a Greendale Avenue residence for a report of a past larceny. The resident reported items taken from the residence. This matter is under investigation.

7:38 p.m.: Police took a report from a Linden Street resident who stated that someone entered his house and stole his medication while he was away for the day. The matter is under investigation.



Kevin Dawson January 27, 2014 at 10:31 AM
Most accidental candle fires like this can be prevented! Kevin's Kandles provide an innovative concept in safer candles for illumination. These candles are Much Safer than traditional candles, Convenient, Inexpensive and Environmentally Friendly. If a Kevin's Kandle is left unattended - it will go out; if it is tipped over - it will go out! Ideal for Emergency and Disaster Preparedness. Less than 20₵ per 10 hour candle. Help reduce the risk of accidental candle fires in our communities by visiting www.asafercandle.com

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »