Life gets busy, and we at Patch certainly understand that. So with that in mind, here are eight stories you might have missed on Needham Patch this week.
1. —Needham Police Lt. Phil Droney has been selected to replace retiring Police Chief Tom Leary and took his oath of office at Tuesday night's selectmen's meeting. Read what Droney had to say and see a short video of him being sworn in.
2. —Several local residents and builders shared their views on whether Needham should adopt the Stretch Energy Code and work toward becoming a Massachusetts Green Community.
3. —The senior community will be looking to make some big changes starting this fall as they expand and renovate in preparation for an influx of Baby Boomers.
4. — set up its annual Pumpkin Patch this week. They will be selling pumpkins and gourds of all shapes and sizes throughout the month of October.
5. —Find yourself or someone you know in our photo gallery of images from the Needham Women's Club event held Monday, Sept. 26 at the .
6. Police Reports: and a —One resident reported their vehicle tires were slashed twice in three months, while another called the concerned when their teenager was confronted by a stranger in a car on the way home from school. Read all the incidents reported in this week's logs.
7. —In this week's Lady Mama parenting column, the author talks about how to win over a picky eater with a little adventures in eating.
8. —We talked with boys varsity goalkeeper Jake Bronstein.
Did we miss something? Got a great news tip, feature idea or upcoming photo op? Send an e-mail to Becca.Manning@patch.com.