Here are just a few of the announcements Needham readers shared this week on Patch:
• On the board: A Needham resident and local bank COO was appointed to the Northern Essex Community College Foundation board.
• Public forum: The Needham Area Immigration Justice Task Force and the League of Women Voters of Needham are planning a free public forum on immigration on Nov. 29 in Needham.
• Employee of the Year: A Needham resident was named Employee of the Year at Wingate at Needham.
• Design challenge: Needham company PTC is partnering to sponsor the 2012-2013 Real World Design Challenge, which this year asks students to design an unmanned aircraft system that can locate lost children. Deadline to register is Nov. 18.
• Special guests: The Needham Masonic Hall hosted an Official Visitation on Oct. 22.
Got something to say? Share it on Needham Patch! Log in or sign up for a free Patch account, then post your news to the Announcement page. Photos are encouraged. Send a link to your announcement to firstname.lastname@example.org for help promoting it.