Happy 4th of July!
Whether you're heading into Boston for the big show, for the parade and a day full of activities or just hanging out at home with some burgers and a cold drink, Patch wishes you a happy holiday.
However you spend the day, there are some things you won't be doing. The 4th of July is a federal holiday, which means many places are closed. Before you brave the traffic, check out this quick list of closures:
- Banks: Banks are closed today.
- Bus Service (MBTA): The Needham bus line (Bus 59) will run on a Sunday schedule, with the last bus leaving Watertown Square toward Needham at 5:35 p.m. Most other Commuter Rail lines, buses and subway trains will run on a Sunday schedule. More information is available at mbta.com. Remember: took effect July 1.
- Commuter Rail (MBTA): The Commuter Rail's Needham Line will run on a Saturday schedule, with the last train leaving South Station at around 11:45 p.m. to allow visitors to enjoy the fireworks in Boston if they so choose. Remember: New fares took effect July 1.
- County Offices: All Norfolk County offices are closed today.
- Grocery Stores: The in Needham will be closed on July 4. All other Sudbury Farms and stores will be open 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Library: The will be closed today. The library will remain closed until July 9 while flooring is being replaced.
- Post Office: The U.S. post offices on and are both closed today.
- Schools: are closed today, on summer break.
- Senior Center: Both the Council on Aging office and the are closed. Activities will resume on Thursday, July 5.
- State Offices: All Massachusetts state offices are closed today.
- Town of Needham Offices: Need to drop off a bill, register to vote or apply for a building permit? Not today. All town offices at , the and other locations are closed.
See something else that's not open today? Know a tricky traffic area to avoid? Share it in the comments or via Twitter to @NeedhamPatch.