Life gets busy, and Patch certainly understands that. So with that in mind, here are a few stories you might have missed on Needham Patch this week:
- —A little rain and mud didn’t keep people from coming to see the first ceremonial shovel of soil lifted on the site of the Senior Center on Thursday, May 3.
- —The new playground to be constructed at could be getting both a name and a $100,000 donation, thanks to a local family that is looking to honor one of their own.
- — and his fiancée, singer Jessica Simpson, welcomed a baby girl on Tuesday, May 1, according to a pink announcement posted on Simpson's website, jessicasimpson.com. Named Maxwell Drew Johnson, the baby girl weighed 9 pounds 13 ounces at birth and measured 21 3/4 inches long.
- —are investigating an incident in which a BB gun was shot into an occupied vehicle on Jenna Circle, shattering the window but leaving the occupant uninjured.
- —Dan Pierce and , both members of the Class of 2012, will be honored as scholar athletes on Monday, May 14 at the NFF chapter's annual awards dinner, to be held at Lombardo's in Randolph.
- —The Needham High School Theatre Arts Society presented the play, “The Odd Couple,” this weekend, on May 4 and 5. See photos of the cast during rehearsal and read what they had to say about the show.
- —More than 500 people from the area packed the on Monday, April 30 for the Newton Needham Chamber of Commerce's annual .
- — Over the past year, the Needham group has organized eight programs for residents, including three presentations geared toward depression and suicide among middle-aged men.
- —On Saturday April 21, the Father Daniel J. Kennedy Needham Knights of Columbus celebrated its 100th anniversary. With money raised from the event, the Council was able to make a donation to the Little Brothers of Saint Francis.
- — Volunteers from Needham-based PTC picked up trash near Cutler Park on Friday, April 27.
Did we miss something? Send news tips, comments and suggestions to Becca.Manning@patch.com.