Life gets busy, and Patch certainly understands that. So with that in mind, here are a few stories you might have missed on Needham Patch this week:
- PHOTOS: 2012 Needham Harvest Fair—The Needham Business Association's annual Harvest Fair and Souper Bowl was held on Saturday, Oct. 6, and brought together local businesses, organizations, musicians, artisans and residents for a day of fun, fellowship and great fall food.
- Hillside Students Experience Life in a Revolutionary War Camp—Members of the Rehoboth Minutemen set up camp behind Hillside School on Oct. 5 and offered students in grades 3-6 a close-up look at what life was like for a soldier in the Revolutionary War.
- —Check out the findings of Needham Youth Services’ latest Safe Surf Workshop Survey, conducted last spring during a program at High Rock School that educates sixth graders about safe Internet use.
- Voter Deadlines and Absentee Information for Nov. 6—The state and presidential election is rapidly approaching, and that means the opportunities for Massachusetts residents to register to vote and apply to vote absentee are dwindling.
- Aly Raisman To Perform at TD Garden—Aly Raisman is coming back to the Boston area, and Needham residents can now buy tickets to see her perform.
Election season is in full swing, and Patch wants to help readers be as informed as possible on the issues and candidates before heading to the polls. Here’s some of our coverage this week:
- Patch Is Collecting Questions for Obama and Romney During the Next Presidential Debate—The next presidential debate will be a town hall meeting format at Hofstra University in Long Island, where voters will ask President Obama and Mitt Romney about domestic and foreign policy. Patch is asking readers to participate by submitting questions for the candidates.
- —In their second debate held Wednesday, Oct. 10, Fourth Congressional District candidates Sean Bielat and Joe Kennedy III took center stage in front of a packed room at UMass Dartmouth’s Advanced Technology and Manufacturing Center in Fall River to discuss the American Dream.
- —Republican congressional candidate Sean Bielat joined Needham Patch for a live chat with Patch readers on Oct. 11.
- —Democratic congressional candidate Joe Kennedy III joined us for a live chat with Patch readers on Friday, Oct. 12.
- —Candidates Joe Biden and Paul Ryan squared off on Thursday, Oct. 11, a week after presidential candidates Barack Obama and Mitt Romney had their first debate. Here's how Massachusetts Republicans and Democrats reacted.
Needham Patch is all about you—the news and issues that matter to Needham readers. That’s why we occasionally ask readers to respond to polls, talk about local or state issues and submit their own photos and videos as part of our online community.
- Tell Us: Should Needham Increase Marijuana Fines?
- Will the Jobless Rate Influence Your Vote for President?
- Who Won Latest Debate: Scott Brown or Elizabeth Warren?
- Paul Ryan-Joe Biden Debate: Who Do You Think 'Won'?
Did we miss something? Send news tips, comments and suggestions to Becca.Manning@patch.com.