Life gets busy, and Patch certainly understands that. So with that in mind, here are a few stories you might have missed on Needham Patch this week:
• —A rainy day did not dampen the spirits of Needham's graduating class as their commencement ceremony was held indoors at Babson College in Wellesley Monday night. See our gallery of more than 50 photos from the evening.
• —Superintendent Dr. Dan Gutekanst was one of several speakers to offer words of encouragement and inspiration for the latest crop of graduates on Monday evening. The ceremony, which was moved indoors from because of rain, began at 6 p.m. in Babson College’s Webster Center.
• —A list of Needham High School graduates who received awards and scholarships in the weeks leading up to graduation.
• — in Needham graduated 63 students at its 68th Commencement Exercises on Thursday, June 7, including seven Needham residents.
• —About 100 Needham residents—some wearing green-and-white T-shirts reading “Save Cricket Field”—showed up to the School Committee meeting Tuesday evening to hear about options for Needham Public Schools’ and elementary schools, including one that would build a new Hillside school on .
• —Needham High School alumnus Tucker Healy was picked by the Oakland Athletics on the third day of the Major League Baseball Amateur Draft, Wednesday, June 6.
• —From reducing the number of idling cars outside their school to getting more kids to walk and eat their vegetables, to building a portable "pizza" garden, the Needham Public Schools Green Rangers have had a busy year.
Did we miss something? Send news tips, comments and suggestions to Becca.Manning@patch.com.