Life gets busy, and Patch certainly understands that. So with that in mind, here are a few stories you might have missed on Needham Patch this week:
- —The Needham Police Department issued a Swiftreach 9-1-1 call and sent out an e-mail alert on Monday, June 25 to notify residents that a was seen in the Needham Heights area. Bear sightings continued for the next 48 hours, and the bear . However, officials have said that while the black bear that was caught and later released in western Massachusetts is the same bear that in May, they do not believe it was the same bear that was traveling through Needham. All in all, though, it was for the .
- — After being postponed on June 2 because of rain, the Needham Business Association was in full swing on Saturday, June 23 on the .
- —Needham's fall Special Town Meeting will be held earlier than usual this year, after selectmen voted Tuesday to set the meeting for Monday, Oct. 29 to avoid conflicting with the 2012 Presidential Election.
- —The Commuter Rail's Needham Line will continue to operate through the upcoming holiday weekend, as plans to eliminate weekend service have been postponed until July 7. Meanwhile, MBTA took effect on July 1.
- —Needham Police are attempting to crack down on underage drinking, running additional alcohol compliance checks at local restaurants that are licensed to serve alcohol.
- —Needham teen Aly Raisman will be featured in a new two-hour documentary on Comcast SportsNet New England that looks at Raisman's efforts to join the U.S. women's gymnastics team at the 2012 London Olympics this summer.
Did we miss something? Send news tips, comments and suggestions to Becca.Manning@patch.com.