It’s Thursday, and the weekend is right around the corner. Patch has your back with a few fun things to do. Check our picks for the activities to hit and some places to explore. Here's what's happening in and around your town.
- Where/when: , 1458 Great Plain Ave.; Saturday, Nov. 26 at 8:00 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 27 at 3:00 p.m.
- Why go: This fun fall production performed by Needham Community Theatre tells the story of the Little Sisters of Hoboken who must put on a variety show to pay for the burials of 52 sisters who were inadvertently poisoned by Sister Julia. Come see your neighbors at their best and support the local troupe.
- Pricing: $22 adults, $17 seniors/students, $17 per person for large groups. Buy tickets online at TicketStage.
- Where/when: , Highland and Great Plain avenues; Saturday, Nov. 26 at 5:15 p.m.
- Why go: Kick off the holiday season with the Needham Business Association’s 57th annual Blue Tree Lighting. First, the tree at near the Needham Heights train station will be lit around 5:15 p.m. Then the tree on the Town Common will be lit at 5:30 p.m. The evening will include music and other activities and a visit from Santa Claus, who will arrive on a fire truck.
- Pricing: Free
- Where/when: Downtown Needham; Saturday, Nov. 26, all day
- Why go: Support small businesses and participate in a nationwide movement to spend dollars locally. Parking downtown is free all day and every Saturday through Christmas.
- Pricing: Depends on what you buy