"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. More rain: Showers are likely again today, mainly before 1:00 p.m. and again toward the evening, according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, it will be cloudy with a high around 64 degrees and a low around 60.
2. Register of Deeds visiting: Norfolk County Register of Deeds William P. O’Donnell will hold from 10:00 a.m. to noon in the first floor conference room at the , 500 Dedham Ave. O’Donnell and his staff members will be available to answer questions or address concerns about any Registry of Deeds matter. Appointments are not necessary.
3. Read together: Children ages 5 and under can drop by the at 10:00 a.m. for stories, music and movement.
4. 300th Cup: The boys varsity soccer team will kick off their season today with a special game against Dedham at 7:00 p.m. at . the game is set to become a new tradition, honoring Needham’s secession from Dedham in 1711. Admission is $3 for students and senior citizens, $5 for adults and free for children ages six and under. All Needham Soccer Club players who wear their NSC jersey to the game will get in free.
5. Tell us your pick: Every week, Needham Patch asks for your nominations for our column, which provides suggestions on everything from where to get that perfect burger to the best parks in town. This week, we want to know what groups, individuals or businesses have embraced “going green”—who does their best to keep things environmentally friendly? or e-mail ideas to Becca.Manning@patch.com.