"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Sunny and warm: Expect some patchy fog this morning before 9:00 a.m., but the rest of the day should be partly sunny and warm with a high around 80 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. The evening will be partly cloudy with a low around 60.
2. COA Info Fair: between 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to learn about all the services available to residents through the Needham Council on Aging and enjoy a barbecue lunch. The outdoor event will wrap up and will feature more than 40 groups sharing information about their programs. Lunch will be from 12:00-1:30 p.m.; enter free drawings for prizes such as gas cards and restaurant gift certificates. Between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., residents age 65 and older can update or obtain a Charlie Card to pay a reduced MBTA fare. RSVP for the barbecue by calling 781-455-7555.
3. Discuss Sen. Brown’s book: Also at the , at 1:00 p.m., join in a , “Against All Odds.” A $4 donation is suggested. All are welcome to attend.
4. Ladies night: The Needham Women’s Club’s is tonight at the . The evening costs $25 and includes food and cocktails, raffles and a fashion show. To purchase a ticket, visit needhamwomensclub.org.
5. Talking about teens: Needham Youth Services is offering , with the first—“Make Peace (and Not War) with Your Teen”—set for Tuesday, Oct. 18 from 5:30-7:30 p.m., and additional programs scheduled for Nov. 8, Dec. 6 and Jan. 24. The programs are free and will include a light dinner. Registration is required—sign up online or call 781-455-7500 ext. 265 for information.