"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Sunny day: Today will be mostly sunny with a high around 80 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. The evening will be partly cloudy with a low around 58 degrees.
2. Still cleaning up after Irene? The is open today through Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for Needham residents who need to dispose of yard waste and debris, items damaged from storm flooding or just the usual trash and recyclables. Also, residents by the roadway for pickup; all branches and other yard materials must be brought to the RTS for disposal.
3. 300 Laps: If you’ve completed as part of the Needham 300 celebration, be sure to turn in the tracking sheet today to be entered in a drawing for two free tickets to the on Sunday, Nov. 6. Drop off tracking sheets at the Park and Recreation office at the , 500 Dedham Ave. or at .
4. Get back to class: The Fall 2011 catalog of courses offered through the Adult Education program is now available online. Register by fax, phone, e-mail or in person.
5. Choir practice: The Needham Interfaith Choir will rehearse tonight from 7:30-9:00 p.m. at for their performance as part of the town’s on Sunday, Sept. 11. The choir will sing two anthems and two hymns, with Bobby DeRegis from , and Millie Beane from , conducting. All singers are welcome to join the group for two rehearsals, today and on Wednesday, Sept. 7, same time and place.