"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Sunny and gusty: Expect sunny skies today, with a high around 59 degrees and a light wind between 8 and 17 miles per hour, gusts reaching as high as 30 mph, according to the National Weather Service. Clouds will increase toward the evening, with temperatures dropping to around 40 degrees.
2. Selectmen meeting: The Needham Board of Selectmen at 6:45 p.m. at the . Find the full agenda packet online at www.needhamma.gov.
3. Senior nights: The girls field hockey, soccer and swimming and diving teams will hold their Senior Night ceremonies at their home match-ups today. Both field and soccer will host Braintree—field hockey at 5:15 p.m. at and soccer at 7:15 p.m. at . The swimming and diving team will compete against Wellesley at Babson College.
4. Rotary Club lunch: Interested in service and helping out around the community? Join the . The club holds weekly lunches every Tuesday at noon at the . The gatherings are free to anyone interested in learning more about the club and its membership.
5. Medication take-back: Start gathering your unwanted medications to dispose of safely at the ’s event on Saturday, Oct. 29. Bring medications to the police station driveway between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. (Note: Needles, thermometers, medical waste or illicit drugs will not be accepted.)