"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Temperature dropping: The day will be partly sunny with the temperature falling to around 39 degrees by 5:00 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. The evening will be mostly cloudy with a low around 29 degrees.
2. Offices closed: Needham Public Facilities, the Needham Building Department and the Department of Public Works as these departments relocate their offices to the . They will reopen in their new locations at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday.
3. High school play: Tickets can be reserved starting today for ’s production of “Spoon River Anthology,” which will be Dec. 9 and 10. Tickets cost $5 each and may be reserved by e-mailing David_Neves@needham.k12.ma.us.
4. Turkey day tickets: Speaking of tickets, you can get yours for the big Needham vs. Wellesley Thanksgiving Day football game this week at several locations around town—the NHS Athletic Office, the Needham Parks and Recreation Department (located at the PSAB), from the NHS Touchdown Club and at The Linden Store in Wellesley. Admission costs $8 in advance and $10 at the gate.
5. Coat drive: With the temperature dropping today, it’s a good reminder that everyone needs a way to keep warm this winter. Through the end of November, the staff at is collecting new and gently used , hats, mittens and gloves to donate to men, women and children through Needham-based Circle of Hope. Drop off items at Muzi Chevrolet, 56 TV Place, during regular business hours.