"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Cooler temps: After a few days of 80- to 90-degree weather, it will cool down somewhat today, with a high around 77 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. There’s a chance of rain showers and thunderstorms, mainly after noon and again in the evening, with the rest of the day cloudy. Low will be around 66 degrees.
2. Get connected: Join Frank Arren’s every Friday from noon to 1:30 p.m. at . Share job search experiences, hear about others’ experiences and become part of this growing support group.
3. Sing-a-long: Come sing along with children’s musician at the from 3:00-3:45 p.m. Children ages 3-5, accompanied by an adult, can enjoy singing, clapping and moving along to the music. No registration required.
4. Pool party: Every Friday night in July is at , and today you can come celebrate Needham’s 300th birthday and Rosemary Pool’s 39th birthday with games, music and fun. Activities begin at 6:00 p.m. and are free to those with a season or daily pass. This year, Park and Recreation is asking people to bring a donation for the Food Pantry to each Friday night event. Suggested donation this week is soup, pasta, rice or macaroni and cheese.
5. Pick a little, talk a little: If you missed any of this week’s Questions of the Day, be sure to add your thoughts. On , we asked, “What was your favorite Fourth of July activity?” , we queried, “What type of facility does Needham need?” And question asked readers to consider, “What can’t you go a day without?” Got a question you’d like to see asked? E-mail us your suggestions.