UPDATE: 11:19 A.M. The Needham Health Department has just confirmed that tonight's performance of "The Yellow Dress" has been canceled. No make-up date has been set.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the new feature in the comments section.
- Today’s weather will begin as partly cloudy with a daytime high of 38 degrees. Snow showers will develop after 6 p.m. with a low temperature of 29.
- In town government news, the Finance Committee and the Property Tax Assistance Committee both meet respectively at 7 p.m., the Needham Historical Commission meets at 10 a.m. and the Permanent Public Building Committee will meet at 7:30 p.m.
- Rescheduled after a snowstorm last month, the Needham Health Department’s presentation of will take place tonight. The play tells the stories of victims of dating violence and is designed to educate audiences to teen abuse.
- at Temple Aliyah at 7:15 p.m. Games are $6 per session and last between two and three hours.
- On this day in 1964 pop music in America was forever changed when the Beatles arrived in New York City. The landing marked the first time the Fab Four stepped foot in the country, but they were already swarmed by scores of fans. The admiration would not end there, as the foursome would go to have one of the most commercially successful and critically acclaimed careers in music history.