"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. The sun returns: It should be a sunny Wednesday, with a high temperature near 82 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. The evening will be mostly clear with a low around 62.
2. Hear a story: Children ages 5 and under are invited to drop by the for a today at 10:00 a.m.
3. Get a checkup: will host a free blood pressure clinic on the third Wednesday of every month starting today, from 10:00 a.m. to noon at 110 West St. The clinic is free and open to all; participants will receive a booklet in which to track their blood pressure. For more information, call Leah Kirkpatrick at 781-234-6301.
4. Board meeting: The Zoning Board of Appeals will meet today at 7:30 p.m. at the , with several public hearings scheduled. For a complete agenda, visit the calendar listing on the town Web site, needhamma.gov.
5. Race for a reason: Looking to run a 5K this fall? The will hold its first on Sunday, Nov. 6 at 11:00 a.m. To sign up, donate or volunteer to help at the race, visit charlesrivercenterroadrace.com. The Charles River Center serves more than 500 families of children and adults with developmental disabilities and autism throughout the MetroWest region.