"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Possible severe T-storms: Scattered showers and thunderstorms are in the forecast for today, mainly after 2:00 p.m. Some storms in the Norfolk County area could be severe with large hail and gusty winds, according to the National Weather Service. Temperatures will peak around 91 degrees, with an evening low around 64.
2. Yoga class: Sandi Levy’s four-week at the Needham will begin today at 9:00 a.m. Cost is $16. Sign up by calling 781-455-7555 or stop in and see if there’s still space. Find out what other classes are coming up at the Senior Center by viewing the Council on Aging’s newsletter, Senior Compass, available online.
3. Fun and games: The Needham Frisbee Club meets every Monday night through Aug. 29 at . Games run from 6:00 p.m. to dusk and are open to new participants, as long as they sign a release form, register and pay the season fee. For information, visit the Club Web site.
4. Bridge players invited: Looking to play some bridge? hosts several bridge on Monday nights starting at 7:15 p.m. Cost is $6 per session. For more information, call 781-444-8522.
5. Write about it: Needham is full of interesting people, and we want to hear from you! Whether you’re prolific or can say it in a few short sentences, enjoy mountain climbing, knitting or watching movies, or have opinions about local politics, national news or parenting techniques, the best way to share those ideas with your friends and neighbors is to blog about it on Needham Patch. Interested even a little bit? E-mail Editor Becca Manning at Becca.Manning@Patch.com for more information about what it means to blog on Patch.