“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Rain possible: There is a slight chance of a shower or thunderstorm today after 2 p.m., with the rest of the day mostly sunny, according to the National Weather Service. The evening will be partly cloudy. High: 85, Low: 65. Chance of precipitation: 20 percent
2. Kick-off: varsity football will play their first home game of the season tonight at 7 p.m. at . Gate admission is $5 for adults and $3 for students and senior citizens; children 6 and under get in free. After the game, high school-age students can drop by the NHS cafeteria for free food, music, games and raffles during the Needham Youth Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition’s .
3. Game day: Preteens and teens ages 12 and up are invited to drop by the today at 3 p.m. for . The program is sponsored by the library, with help from the NHS Anime Club.
4. Lunch and Learn: Founder Elly Katz will talk about the Sages and Seekers program, which brings together Needham teens and older adults to share their unique gifts and talents, during a luncheon today at 11 a.m. at the . Sign-up is required; call 781-455-7555 to register or to find out more about Sages and Seekers.
5. Support Walker: The “Change Shoes and Change Lives” walk for in Needham is coming up on Sunday, Sept. 23 at in Needham. There will be refreshments, raffles, entertainment and family-friendly fun before and after the walk. For more information, visit www.walkforwalker.org.