“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Mostly sunny: Today will be mostly sunny with mostly clear skies this evening, according to the National Weather Service. High: 67, Low: 46.
2. Chat with the governor: Gov. Deval Patrick will join Patch today at 1:30 p.m. for a live chat with readers. Now's your chance to ask the executive of the commonwealth your question about casinos, the JP crime lab, the economy, elections or whatever else you want to know. Share your questions in the comments beforehand (the earlier the better!), or log on this afternoon and join the conversation.
3. Flu clinic: The Needham Public Health Department will hold a seasonal flu clinic for local residents age 18 and older today from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Town Hall. Call 781-455-7500 ext. 511 to schedule an appointment.
4. Webster Street update: The Department of Public Works will hold a meeting to discuss the rehabilitation of Webster Street between West Street and Highland Avenue tonight from 7-9 p.m. at the Eliot School performance center. The third and final phase of the overall project, which runs between Dedham and Highland avenues, is set to begin in October. Residents can voice their questions and concerns to be considered in the construction plan. Those who are unable to attend the meeting can send questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. New to town? Get to know your new neighbors through the Newcomers Club of Needham, which holds social events throughout the year, including a gathering to welcome new members tonight. The deadline to RSVP has passed, but find out about other upcoming events on the club’s website, needhamnewcomers.com.