“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Sunny: Today will be sunny with a slight chance of showers tonight after 3 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. High: 73, Low: 54. Chance of precipitation: 20 percent.
2. At the library: Bring children ages 2-6 to the Needham Free Public Library today at 10:30 a.m. for free, autumn-themed crafts. No sign-up required.
3. Check out the chairs: Beginning today, the Adirondack chairs decorated for Needham’s “A Chair To Remember” project will be on display in Powers Hall on the second floor of Town Hall. The chairs will be up for viewing during office hours through the day of the auction, Saturday, Sept. 29. Want to bring one of these fabulous chairs home? Tickets to the auction cost $10 per person and are available at Perennial Designs, Taylor's Stationery, The Grey Goose, Black Sheep Knitting Co., The Center Cafe (cash only) and at the door the night of the event.
4. Farm help: Residents of all ages are invited to help out at the Needham Community Farm on Tuesdays between 9 and 11 a.m. and 2 and 5 p.m. Enjoy the great outdoors and learn about gardening while helping to keep this community resource growing and vibrant. Visit needhamfarm.org to see other volunteer opportunities and class offerings for children and adults.
5. Register to vote! If you haven't yet registered to vote but plan to make your voice heard in the Nov. 6 state and presidential election, as well as the special election in Needham, the deadline to do so is Oct. 17. The town clerk's office, located on the first floor of Town Hall, will be open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. that day. For more information, call 781-455-7500 ext. 216.