“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Mostly sunny: Today will be mostly sunny, with mostly clear skies in the evening, according to the National Weather Service. High: 71, Low: 47.
2. Youth Services registration: Registration at 8:30 a.m. for fall and early winter programs provided by Needham Youth Services. For details about programs and a registration form (page 5), check out the fall brochure at www.needhamma.gov/youth/2012fallprograms. Along with programs for youth, the department offers many programs for parents.
3. Storytime: Children ages 5 and under are invited to drop by the today at 10:30 a.m. for . All children must be accompanied by an adult. No registration is required.
4. Dinner theatre: Needham seniors interested in participating in the Council on Aging’s Mystery Theatre Dinner Party on Sept. 14 should RSVP by today by calling 781-455-7555. The event is free, part of National Senior Center Month, and will be held at the . Also at the Senior Center, several classes begin today, including: Yoga (9 a.m.), Tai Chi (9 a.m.), Senior Strength Exercise (10:15 a.m.), Line Dancing (noon), Art Class (noon) and the Weight Management Support Group (12:45 p.m.). Learn more about these programs or call the Senior Center. Fees are due at the first class.
5. Band lessons: The fall session of the Teen Band Program begins on Sept. 24. Registration is now open for band classes for ages 8-19. Registration forms will be accepted until Sept. 15. Registration for private lessons will begin in October. For more information, call 781-956-4281 or visit www.pluggedinband.org.