“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Rain possible: Today will be increasingly cloudy with a slight chance of showers after 3 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. More rain is possible in the evening, mainly between 7 and 10 p.m., with a chance of rain or drizzle after 10 p.m. High: 73, Low: 60. Chance of precipitation: 20-40 percent
2. Early release: Needham Public Schools will let out early today so that staff can participate in professional development.
3. Board meetings: The Needham Board of Selectmen will meet tonight at 7 p.m. on the first floor of Town Hall. Citizens are welcome to meet informally with selectmen for up to 15 minutes before the start of the meeting. While not required, citizens are encouraged to call the selectmen's office at 781-455-7500 ext. 204 to arrange an appointment. The Needham Public Schools School Committee will also meet at 7 p.m. at Broadmeadow Elementary School. Both agendas can be viewed in the image gallery above.
4. Parent workshop: Needham Public Schools' Positive Coaching Alliance workshops will continue today with “Developing Winners in Life Through Sports” from 7-8:30 p.m. in the high school auditorium. This program is free and open to parents of Needham athletes, of all ages and levels. The series is designed to help establish a shared set of values and common goals for all athletic programs in town. Visit http://nhs.needham.k12.ma.us/athletics or contact NPS/PCA Coordinator Karen Mullen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
5. Art demonstration: The Needham Art Association will meet tonight at 7 p.m. at the Needham Free Public Library. Wellesley artist Nan Rumpf will present a demonstration on acrylic drip resist (an experimental watercolor technique). The event is free and open to the public. Learn more at www.needarts.org.