“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Mostly sunny: Though the rest of the week is looking a bit damp, today is expected to be mostly sunny with a high near 68 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. The evening will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 47 degrees. There is a slight chance of showers after 3 a.m. tonight.
2. Town Meeting begins: The 2012 Annual Town Meeting will start tonight at 7:30 p.m. in James Hugh Powers Hall on the second floor of . The 240 Town Meeting members will vote on about 40 articles, including the fiscal year 2013 town budget, zoning changes, and other issues concerning the town of Needham. Look for coverage of the meeting this week on Needham Patch.
3. Rep. Garlick office hours: State Representative Denise Garlick to meet with constituents today from 5:30-7 p.m. at the . Needham residents are invited to come and share their issues, concerns and questions. Appointments are not necessary.
4. Kids crafts: Children ages 2 and up can drop by the Needham Free Public Library today from 10:30-11:15 a.m. for craft activities. This program is free, and registration is not required.
5. Share your voice: Blogging on Needham Patch . All you have to do to get started is visit our blogging page and click "Post on Patch." From there, you can type a blog on any topic—from politics to parenting, health and fitness, local issues or life in Needham—then save your work and hit submit! Blogging is a great way to start or continue a community conversation, to promote your Needham organization, to share your expertise, to highlight a hobby or to showcase your photography. Got questions? Contact me, Needham Patch Editor Becca Manning, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 781-217-4233. I would be happy to tell you more about blogging and our Local Voices platform.