“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. More May showers: We’ll end the week on a wet note, with showers likely between 3 and 7 p.m., with the rest of the day cloudy, according to the National Weather Service. The high will be around 64 degrees and the low around 52. Periods of drizzle will continue late into the evening, mainly after 5 a.m.
2. Spring play: The Theatre Arts Society’s spring play, opens tonight at 7:30 p.m. on the high school stage. Tickets cost $5 each and are available at the door.
3. Thrift shop open: The is open on Fridays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Enter through the door on the left side of the building to shop; donations can be delivered to the door on the right side of the building. Mark your calendar: The Community Council’s community-wide open house will be held on Saturday, May 12 from 12-5 p.m. Come tour the their new location at 570 Hillside Ave.
4. Spring cleaning? Items for can be dropped off today between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. at . Parent Talk is looking for gently worn maternity and children's clothing (sizes 0-8), as well as kids' toys, games, books and equipment. Note: Because of current safety standards, the organization cannot accept car seats or cribs more than five years old, or any recalled items. The sale will be held on Saturday, May 5 between 8:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
5. ESL tutors wanted: The Needham Community Council is to tutor in English as a second language. No foreign language or tutoring experience is necessary, just a strong desire and interest to work with an adult from another culture or background. Training is provided at no cost during five consecutive Tuesday evening sessions; the most reason session begins May 10. For information, contact Kris DeGraw Danna at 781-444-2415 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.needhamcommunitycouncil.org.