“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Sunny: There will be areas of fog this morning before 7 a.m., with the rest of the day sunny and a high near 79 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. The evening will be mostly clear with a low around 54.
2. Senior obligations due: For seniors next week, all obligations (includes missing work, transcripts, fees, books, etc.) are due by the end of the day today. A student who owes an obligation will not be issued a cap and gown until the obligation is cleared with the grade level secretary. For more information, call the high school’s main office at 781-455-0800 ext. 2205.
3. Craft time: Bring children ages 2-6 by the today at 4 p.m. for . This week’s theme is “Be Kind to Animals.” This program is free, and registration is not required. Also, library patrons should take note: The from June 30 through July 9 while the flooring is being replaced. Materials cannot be borrowed or returned during that time.
4. Middle school show: will host an art show and chorus concert tonight. The art show will be held from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in the school lobby, with the concert to begin at 7 p.m. in the auditorium.
5. Congratulations to retiring teachers: Last week, celebrated several staff members who are retiring at the end of the 2011-12 school year. According to an e-mail sent out by Superintendent Dan Gutekanst, between them the retirees have given 164 years of service to the children of Needham. They include: Margaret Crowley (), Betty Morgan and Dale Jovin (), Joel Neiditz (), Dorothy Furgason and Paula Martin (Pollard), Jacques Bignet, David Cournoyer, Susan Klingerman and Christine Mirabile (Needham High School). Congrats and best wishes to these hard-working school employees!