“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Rain possible: There is a chance of showers throughout the day, with the rest of the day cloudy, according to the National Weather Service. The high will be around 71 degrees and the low around 58.
2. Skin cancer screening: The Needham Health Department, in conjunction with the and the American Cancer Society, will sponsor a free for people who are concerned about suspicious skin lesions today from 6-8 p.m. in the hospital’s Medical Day Unit. Qualified local physicians will perform the screening. The clinic will be conducted by appointment only, and space is limited. Call 781-455-7500 ext. 258 to sign up.
3. Board meetings: The Needham will meet tonight at 7 p.m. on the first floor of . Also today, the will meet at 7:30 p.m. at the .
4. Seniors creative writing group: The Needham Council on Aging creative writing group meets from 10:30-11:30 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at the . There is no sign-up required, and all are welcome.
5. “Extreme Looks” workshop: Girls in grades 6-8 are encouraged to sign up for Needham Youth Services’ which examines how girls’ self-esteem, body image and perceptions about relationships may be distorted by popular media. The group will incorporate activities and discussions and teach participants safe ways to exercise and stay healthy. The program is scheduled for Monday, June 25 through Thursday, June 28. Learn more at needhamma.gov/youth/extremelooks or by calling Katy Colthart at 781-455-7500 ext. 264.