“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Chance of showers: Rain is possible after 9 a.m. and likely toward the evening, with the rest of the day cloudy, according to the National Weather Service. The high will be around 67 degrees and the low around 58.
2. GOP meeting: The Needham Republican Town Committee will meet tonight at 7 p.m. at in Needham. All Republican and Independent voters are welcome to attend.
3. Flag placement: Beginning today, members of the American Legion and Boy Scout Troop 13 in Needham Cemetery, and the Veterans of Foreign Wars will be placing flags in St. Mary’s Cemetery, on graves that have a bronze veterans’ marker or a U.S. flag holder. If after today anyone knows of a veteran’s grave that did not receive a U.S. flag, one may be obtained free of charge at the town manager’s office at .
4. Parent focus group: Today is the last day to express interest in helping with a review of Needham Public Schools’ world language program. The district will be holding two parent focus groups on May 31, one from 6:30-7:15 p.m. and one from 7:30-8:15 p.m., on the second floor of the . To participate, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, session preference, child's grade level and language studied. Participation will be confirmed by May 25 via e-mail and logistical details will be shared at that time. The information collected during these focus groups will help guide the course of world language instruction and program development in the district for the next 5-10 years.
5. Blog! Looking for something to keep you busy this summer? Start a blog! Blogging on Needham Patch —just visit our blogging page and click "Post on Patch." Promote your club or organization, share some expertise, showcase your photography or get a community conversation going. Questions? E-mail email@example.com or call 781-217-4233.