“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. More showers: Rain is likely again today, mainly before noon, with the rest of the day cloudy, according to the National Weather Service. The high will be around 67 degrees and the low around 46.
2. Historical Society dinner: The will hold its tonight at the , with a reception beginning at 6 p.m. and the dinner and meeting starting at 7. Tickets cost $40 for Historical Society members and $45 for nonmembers; purchase online at www.needhamhistory.org/tickets. Tonight’s featured speaker will be Gloria Polizzotti Greis, executive director of the Historical Society, speaking about Mr. Baker's Fairyland of the Beautiful and Bizarre.
3. Job searching? Gary Gekow will return to the tonight at 7:30 p.m. for the second in a series of employment workshops. Gekow will on how to analyze some of the numerous online search strategies currently available, including job alerts, job boards, job aggregators, and company employment pages. Gekow is a senior employment specialist with 21 years of recruiting experience in the Boston staffing industry. This program is free, and registration is not necessary.
4. Celebrity basketball: The Needham Boosters Club will hold its annual celebrity basketball game tonight at 7 p.m. at . The event will feature New England Patriots Patrick Chung, London Fletcher, Kyle Arrington, Devan McCourty, Logan Mankins and Kevin Faulk playing against some of Needham’s best. Proceeds will benefit the Boosters Club, which supports student athletes in all sports at Needham High School. Tickets are available at the door and cost $20 for adults, $10 for students and free for children under 6. For more information, contact Tom Loughran at 781-449-3065 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Sibling rivalry: Do you wish your children got along better? Are you tired of being your kids’ personal referee? Join Parent Talk and Dr. Peter Goldenthal on Thursday, May 17, for a lecture titled Goldenthal, family therapist and author of "Beyond Sibling Rivalry” and “Why Can’t We Get Along?,” will discuss root causes of sibling rivalry and give practical guidance to resolving conflicts. The lecture will be held at . Registration is strongly encouraged. This program is free for Parent Talk members and $20 for non-members who prepay online (online registration closes one day before the lecture). Cost is $25 at the door. Visit www.parenttalk.info to sign up.