“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Sunny: Today will be sunny with a high near 37 degrees and an evening low around 24, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Polls open: Today is the Massachusetts’ Presidential Primary, and Needham polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. See a list of polling locations and more voter information .
3. Art demonstration: The Needham Art Association at 7 p.m. at the . As part of the meeting, artist Nan Rumpf will demonstrate acrylic drip resist, an experimental watercolor technique. The program is free, and the public is invited to attend. The Needham Art Association welcomes new members. More information can be found at www.needarts.org.
4. Knitting group: The First Parish Knitting Group meets on the first Tuesday of the month in the church’s music room. Work on an individual or group project such as preemie hats for Children’s Hospital. All are welcome. For more information about this or other groups at , call the church office at 781-444-0823 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Rotary Club lunch: Interested in service and helping out around the community? Join the . The club holds weekly lunches every Tuesday at noon at the . The gatherings are free to anyone interested in learning more about the club and its membership.