“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Chance of showers: Rain is possible again today, mainly before noon, with the rest of the day cloudy and a little windy, according to the National Weather Service. The high will be around 49 degrees and the low will be around 32.
2. Fun for the kids: Bring the kids by the this morning at 11 a.m. for . Later in the day, at 4 p.m., ages 5 and under are invited to drop by for . Today’s projects will focus on the letters G, H and I. Both programs are free, and registration is not necessary.
3. Mid-life crisis: The Needham Coalition for Suicide Prevention will on "Depression and Suicide in Middle-Aged Men" tonight from 7-8:30 p.m. in the Needham Free Public Library Community Room. The event is free and open to all. For more information, visit www.needhamma.gov/health/ncsp or www.needhamacts.org.
4. New book club: The Newcomers Book Club will hold tonight at 7:30 p.m. at Needham resident Michelle Keefe’s home. Bring a book on your must-read list and help plan future discussions. RSVP to email@example.com. Learn more at www.needhamnewcomers.com.
5. Walkers wanted: Spring is in the air! Get out and get walking with the ’s Walking Club. Participants will have an opportunity to walk with other walking clubs and explore trails outside the local area, with transportation provided. Upcoming walks include: Friday, April 6, Cowassock Woods and Ashland Town Forest; Friday, April 13, Cutler Park in Needham; and Friday, April 27, Great Meadows in Concord. If you’d like to have company on walks around town, sign up for the Walking Partners Program. The Council on Aging will match you with two others who walk your pace and coincide with your schedule. Call Sherry at 781-455-7555 for more information or to sign up for either program.