“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Cooler days: After a week of beautiful spring weather, we’ll start things off a bit cooler today, with a high near 47 degrees and an evening low around 22, according to the National Weather Service. The day will be mostly sunny and breezy, with gusts as high as 36 miles per hour.
2. Drop-in storytime: Bring children ages 5 and under to the today at 10 a.m. for a storytime.
3. Public speaking: The Boston West Toastmasters Club meets from 7:30-9:00 p.m. every second and fourth Monday of the month at in Needham. This local chapter of Toastmasters International is a nonprofit organization that helps its members develop their public speaking skills. Learn more at their website.
4. Movie Monday: Come watch "Beethoven" (1999) today at 1 p.m. at the . The program is free, and there is no sign-up required. Also today, drop by to enjoy open table tennis between 9 and 11:30 a.m. In addition, the Hoarding Support Group meets at 2 p.m. For information about these and offered by the Council on Aging, call 781-455-7555.
5. Help wanted: This Saturday, March 31, the cafeteria will be turned into a . Needham residents are invited to bring by donations of new and gently used kids’ items—toys, books, clothes, shoes, equipment, coats, etc.—for Cradles to Crayons between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. Volunteers are also needed to help sort items. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a volunteer time that works for your family. Visit cradlestocrayons.org for more information about the organization.