“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. More sun: The warm spring weather will continue today with sunny skies and a high around 84 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. The evening will be cloudy with a low around 55.
2. Community Council dinner: The Needham Community Council will hold its beginning at 6 p.m. at the . Former WCVB-TV anchor and reporter Jim Boyd will be the guest speaker. The event will also include a quilt raffle. Tickets to the event cost $50 per person. All proceeds will benefit the Community Council’s capital campaign for the renovation of its new home. Call 781-444-2415 for more information.
3. Library crafts: Bring children ages 2 and up to the today at 4 p.m. for centered on a “green” theme. This program is free, and registration is not required. Families should plan to arrive promptly; crafts typically last about 45 minutes.
4. Lenten lunch: will hold Lenten soup lunches during the season of Lent on Thursdays from noon to 1 p.m. in the church library. All are invited to come participate in an hour of fellowship, refreshment and renewal with the Rev. Heike Werder. For information, call the church office at 781-444-2510.
5. Calling all artists: The Needham Art Association is looking for local artists and musicians to participate in their annual on Saturday, June 9 on the . Artists may exhibit and sell their work and are encouraged to do live demonstrations for visitors. Needham artists can participate at no cost; out-of-town artists may participate for a $20 fee. For more information, contact email@example.com or visit www.needarts.org.