“Five Things You Need to Know Today” is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Partly sunny: Expect patchy fog before 10 a.m., with the rest of the day partly sunny, according to the National Weather Service. The high will be around 48 degrees and the low around 35.
2. No homework night! Tonight, will be leaving school with no homework assignments, no sports practice and no clubs or activities scheduled as part of the month-long . There are also no town meetings tonight, and many organizations have agreed to forego meetings to encourage families to spend time together. So get home early from work, unplug from your iPhone, computer and cell phone and plug in to quality family time with the people you love. Happy No Homework Night!
3. Ballet and books: will drop by the today at 4 p.m. to read his latest picture book, “Gwendolyn Goes Hollywood,” while dancers from MassBallet perform the story. Members of the MassBallet troupe will also give children a mini-movement lesson after the reading. This program is free and open to all.
4. Lenten lunches: holds Lenten soup lunches during the season of Lent on Thursdays from noon to 1 p.m. in the church library. All are invited to come participate in an hour of fellowship, refreshment and renewal with the Rev. Heike Werder. For information, call the church office at 781-444-2510.
5. NEF Bee coming up: The Needham Education Foundation’s 21st annual is coming up on April 4 at 7 p.m. in the gym. now—any local adult, middle or high school student is welcome to participate—and register online at www.nefneedham.org. Registration fees will help the NEF fund educational enrichment programs for Needham students in grades K-12. If you want to support the Bee but want to skip the spelling, consider sponsoring a team with a donation or buying an ad in the Bee program guide. Information is available at nefneedham.org.